Friday, May 8, 2015

Welcome to 2015

Ok, I know, odd way to start a post in early May.  It's not like it's a New Year's post.  But, sort of a welcome to the present day, for me at least.

As you may or may not have noticed, depending on if you were here before, I've not posted in a few days.  My parents came up from Florida on their way to the great white north, completing their annual migratory travels of fleeing winter and then fleeing the melt down that comes with Florida in the summer.  So, they stopped here for a few days, which brings about a few activities.  Those being:  Clean the house before they get here; and, put my life back together when they leave.  While they are here, my sleeping and eating and every other imaginable routine I have is tossed out the window.
 But, it's always worth it, if for no other reason than to get some of Momma's cooking!

  Also, while they were here, they surprised me with a trip to the local Verizon store and bought me a new phone.  For some reason, the flip phone I've been using for many years is not sufficient anymore.
 I don't know why?  I can usually still hear the people who call me.  Usually.  And, that whole texting new-age mumbo-jumbo?  Bah!  Ok, it was bad.  The younger people at work laugh at me.  Even the old people laugh at me..... starting to see a pattern there.
  So, I now have an i6.
 Have no idea how to use it.  I hear they are great.  I figure I should have it down just about the time the kids are laughing at me again for carrying around that old i6 phone instead of the i88, or whatever
is happening by then.  But, my thoughts are:  If it ain't broke, you're not trying hard enough.... no wait, different one....  hugs

1 comment:

  1. your folks are great. Welcome to the current century. Hugs

    ReplyDelete