Saturday, April 11, 2015

First Post

Hello Everyone, and welcome to a new blog.  This first post will be mirrored on the side bar, when I get the chance, but I want to tell you a bit about myself and what makes me want to share things with you.
  I had a small blog before, you can see it in the profile, but I soon found myself feeling overwhelmed by the weight of the negative things going on in the news.  I think I blogged good posts, and I think I gave good opinion on grave topics, but there is a cost to spending time on those things that hurt.  I realized that I was getting some emotional wounding, some emotional baggage, ....  it was making me really sad.   So, one day, I just couldn't handle it anymore and I stepped away from the whole thing.
 And quite poorly done, all the friends I'd made along the way I just stepped away from as well.  For that, I do apologize.  I was sinking into a depression that I was able to fake my way through so I could mostly still operate on a daily basis, but when I sat down in front of my computer I just about cried, screamed, I don' t know what all.  It was overwhelming.
  As time went and I began to feel stronger, more able to see the pain I was in and understand what was going on, I realized what I wanted to do.  I wanted to make a happy place.  I wanted to make a place where I and any who come to the blog can talk about what makes us happy, even in the midst of our despair.  A bit of sunshine in the storm, if you will.
 I wanted to just have a bit of good news in my life, even if I had to generate it myself!
  So, in this blog I will show things that make me smile, give me goose bumps, make me say "wow" or even "whoa!".  I want to share what interests me, with a decidedly good spin.  It might be a bit on the superficial side, but we all deserve a little good news in our lives, don't we?
So, tell me about what makes you feel good, and I'll share with you what makes me feel good.  wow.... that really doesn't sound quite right, does it?
  To tell you more about myself:  I am a gay man who has made a lot of mistakes in life.  So, for the last number of years I've been basically celibate.  I don't have a lot of social interactions, especially on an intimate level, and here in my home it's just me and my dog.  There are times, of course, when I feel quite lonely, and then there are times when I see the anguish that others are going through in their relationships that I believe I've made the right choice.
I don't think I want anyone living in my home with me.  Frankly, even the dog gets on my nerves sometimes!

  I am "white", middle aged, and just smart enough to realize that I am fairly dumb about a lot of things.  I've lived a parochial life in many ways, and a really messed up smash of a life in others.  So, don't be surprised if you read something I've written or posted and you realize that I am completely wrong.  A bit of education won't hurt me... though I may not agree with you.
  I like to cook, as long as the result is edible.  And, that occasionally happens!  I love my dog, obnoxious as she is.  I think guys are sexy, and kids are cute, and sunsets are beautiful, and music makes my soul dance - which is good because my feet are completely useless for the endeavor.  I do like beer, do not like wine, and only drink a bit of rum and coke.  I think nudism is great, and wish I had the courage to be more than an in-house nudist.  No, I'm not naked right now, you can retract that last "ewww!".  I live in Michigan, which makes nudism a humorous activity for us white guys anyway.  And, last for this post but certainly not least in my life, you will likely see a fair bit of commentary coming from one very special person:  my adopted brother Scottie.  He and I adopted each other a few years ago... our parents had nothing to do with it.  So, with all of that said, I bring this together with a big hug - something I've learned from my brother - and call this the first post of a new blog, something that truly does make my heart feel lighter on rough days.

2 comments:

  1. I love it! Randy this is so grand and so you, upbeat, happy, full of smiles and goodness. I am glad your back to blogging. I tell you what brother of mine, the serious "get you down stuff" you post on my Toy Box and the happy good " thee world is worth living in" stuff here. We all win that way. Keep up the grand thoughts. Hugs

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you Scottie. I'm looking forward to the blogging again.

    ReplyDelete