Monday, April 13, 2015

Spring is forcing its way through

Hello.  Here in Michigan, we had a fun winter, again, this year.  Not near as cold has the previous winter, not near as much snow, but boy it sure seemed to hang on for a while.
  I grew up on the shores of Lake Michigan.  Spent a fair bit of my errant youth on the beach, which now as an adult I never go to anymore.  Odd how that happens.  But, it gets into your system, like the beach sand gets into the crack of your butt, the cool breezes off the water, the sound of the waves, the mere glance across the lake while driving past on the way to or from work.... I'd miss it terribly if I ever left.  Unless, of course, I was looking at something different that I also loved.
  That brings up a desire to retire by mid-50 in the the woods of Northern Michigan.  Just me, some land large enough that I can step outside in my underwear and not get screamed... or laughs... from the neighbors, and my dogs.  And, yes... I'd have plural:  many dogs.
  So, here are some pictures that tell my story a bit.  They are not mine... I don't have the eye.  Hope they are enjoyable.
This is a picture by a Michigan Photographer named Jason Nowicki.  I'm not sure what he titled the phone, but I think "a perspective of insanity" has a nice ring.   I love the winters, for a while, but there is a limit to how close and personal I want to be!
  I went outside and tried to take a pic of the daffodils flowering in my yard... but, yeah, not a photographer!  Really not.   Mom said these were her favorite flowers when I was growing up, and I've always remembered that.  Everytime I see them I think of her.
 
  So, I mentioned that I would never want to move away from the shores of Lake Michigan.. unless I found something more beautiful to look at.   Welcome to my vision of what that would be.
 

And, this is my puppy.  My therapist.  And, like most good therapist, she's nuts.

So, there is post number two.  Hugs.

2 comments:

  1. I love the idea you have of having some privacy. We are selling our place we have now in a few years as Ron feels he has no privacy when he goes out side. We had to stop using our out side grill because the guy next door keeps coming over and talking non stop about how great and grand he is, how he has done everything and has been the best at it all. So why if that is true is he living in this mobile home park, which is not the top of the line in our area. Also ron likes to sit quietly out side with candles going and we can't do it here, people see him out and stop in, the guy I mentioned next door either watches out his window or comes over to tell Ron all the things that Ron never wanted to know. Ron is wishing for a back yard to just relax and find peace, the energy of earth. SO I can really understand. I also love your pup, she is so grand. SO in the future we will see you at the lake. Hugs

    ReplyDelete
  2. I look forward to it. Imagine, just a bit of peace and quiet, nothing to bother a man but the sounds of nature and a dog who want's the ball thrown. Life would be so good.
    I'm thinking... we need to get Ron a "Stop! Go Away!" sign he could put up. Or, a Rottweiler.
    hugs

    ReplyDelete