Sunday, April 19, 2015

Morning has broken....what are we to do with it?

 

 What a fantastic challenge.  Every day the sun rises and we face a new day full of new challenges.  These are sometimes very trite words.  We miss the importance of them by the repetition of them.  They are cheapened by ubiquity.  Like "I love you", words that seem to be so small at times, so deep at others, and so often we steel our hearts to avoid opening ourselves to the vulnerability of accepting.  What a fantastic challenge to not only care about our self, but to care about others.
  Friday I had a very small problem.  Sort of a messy one, but also one that had me a bit nervous and worried about the future.  My great friend and brother Scottie helped me through, and he did jokingly mention that he let it slip to my parents.... who alternated between the cia waterboarding investigations and wondering why I didn't tell them.  Gee... I wonder.  But, there is also that odd corner of my heart, when you dig under the embarrassment and irritation of being questioned to be thankful that someone even cares enough to ask.  I have a hard time answering those questions, and an even harder time knowing when it is appropriate enough to ask and let people know that I care.
  It's a challenge.  To let a new day bloom, to revel in the day and the joys and even heartbreaks that come, to be so thankful for another day that I can reach out in some sort of way today and make a moment of difference, just a moment!
  So, let another day be a chance for you today to give just a bit of love, make even just a bit of difference to someone today.  And, in the process, allow your heart to be open enough that you can be loved, too.
 Heartfelt Hugs.


2 comments:

  1. Thank you Randy for these words both kind for me and thoughtful in content. I once heard that gratitude is a tunic that will chafe and cause sores if worn too long. However there is so many times I should remember to tell people how important they to me and how much I love that they are in my life. I love the new blog and the theme. Thank you grand brother. Hugs

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Scottie;
    Glad you liked it. I loved that clip of Mr. Rogers. To be honest, he's always been a favorite person to me... ever since I was a kid and watched the show.
    For me, at work, there are always times when I'm asking my people to do more, better, faster... and I try to let them know that I see the extras that they do. I recognize them, as often as able, and try to cultivate that sense of appreciation. I also try to do that in the stores I go to... a simple "how are you" and waiting for the response, goes a long way for people.
    On the other hand, I have someone at work that I don't trust or like, and his obsequiousness so soon after sticking a knife in my back ... well, the other day he came to my desk and asked me if I was doing ok. I told him I was fine, what do you want...
    So, there really does need to be actions behind the words to make the words anything worth while.
    ok... now I forget my point. Oh well... hugs

    ReplyDelete