Friday, April 17, 2015

Must be still alive

I had an interesting afternoon yesterday.  I have a slight varicose vein problem.  In one spot on my shin I've had a large bruise like thing.  Doctor knows about it.. no big deal.  Anyway, yesterday while reading I itched it... and came away with a wet hand.  Now, you have to imagine this 6'5" somewhat overweight idiot trying to get to the bathroom if for no other reason than to get his bleeding leg off the carpet... all the while hunched over putting pressure on the spot because it was shooting blood two feet. So, now what?  Well, I called my best friend/brother and asked... ok, now what do I do.  It was at that time that I realized the old flip phone is cheap, nearly indestructible, easy to carry, but there is a down side when you only have one hand.  Really folks, I would like to be able to take myself seriously just once...

  So, good news!  I'm fine.  Was able to go in to work last night... and had planned to have a nice quiet night.  Then my material handler dropped a dryer on his head.  It's been one of those weeks.

.


2 comments:

  1. Brother I was shook but calm, and able to deal with this when you called. It could have been really serious. However I also called Ron at work and as he was in the ICU all his fellow ICU nursing staff got into the call and So my bother got full ICU medical care over the phone. Thank all that he was OK, but then I mistakenly told his parents when they called me....opps, talk about tattling...and the phone calls started again. Sorry about that... the more I tried to calm it down the more it grew...I gave up and quickly typed to you...your phone is going to ring..now....Hugs

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Scottie;
    I was falling asleep yesterday every time I sat down. So comes the fun of working night shift. Sooner or later the reality of sleep bares its ugly head. But, let me say now that there is no greater feeling than I could imagine that I may "phone a friend".... and yes, that is my final answer. tee hee
    And, yes... the phone call came immediately.
    Please see my next post as an answer in furtherance.
    hugs

    ReplyDelete